|Price:||Log In to View|
|Publication Date:||1Q 2019|
Your on-demand movie service makes a movie recommendation that is not even close to the type of film you like. You keep seeing online ads for a product you already purchased months ago. Your voice-controlled smart speaker does not understand your accent. Chatbots cannot find the right answer to your service question. You find yourself screaming into your phone, “Speak to a representative!”
These all-too-common maladies of modern technology persist as companies seek to mine their Big Data and apply artificial intelligence (AI) to make our lives better. Like many companies, cable providers are exploring ways to use AI as part of an overall goal of improving customer experience (CX), an industry imperative as pay TV subscriptions decline and consumer perceptions of cable companies remain low. Cable providers are mining their Big Data and using data-based disciplines to improve network performance, resolve service issues, and manage customer care, with the greater goal of automating these operations through AI. But efforts to apply AI more extensively are being limited by the challenges of implementing AI itself.
This Tractica report discusses the challenges and prospects of using AI to improve cable CX. The study covers the industry’s efforts to address CX, cable data sources, recent cable AI activity, and benefits for cable customers. It also examines AI challenges and industry initiatives and provides an overview of the tech supplier market.
Key Questions Addressed:
- How can cable providers use artificial intelligence (AI) to enhance customer experience (CX)?
- How can cable providers aggregate the tsunami of data used to manage daily operations?
- Why do cable providers need to become distributors of many different broadband experiences?
- What is the Comcast model for improved cable CX?
- What are the key benefits and implementation challenges of using AI to improve cable CX?
- Which key tech suppliers offer cutting-edge data solutions to U.S. cable providers?
- How are cable players and tech suppliers cooperating to address AI challenges?
Who Needs This Report?
- Cable operators
- Artificial intelligence companies
- Customer experience-focused service providers
- Network operations solutions providers
- TV and digital advertising executives
- Cable industry associations
- Investor community
Table of Contents
- Executive Summary
- The Customer Experience Imperative
- The Comcast Model
- Data Sources
- Data Applications
- Data Becomes Actionable
- Recent Cable AI Activity
- Implementation for Customer Experience Benefits
- AI Challenges and Solutions
- AI Challenges
- Industry Cooperation
- The Supplier Market
- Conclusion: Time to Get Smart
- Table of Contents
- Table of Charts and Figures
- Scope of Study, Sources and Methodology, Notes
List of Charts, Figures, and Tables
- Data Sources for Cable Operations
- Data Algorithms & Application
- Key Data Suppliers Serving U.S. Cable Providers