White Paper Details
|Tables, Charts, Figures:||5|
|Release Date:||4Q 2019|
Artificial intelligence (AI) is playing a central role in driving digital transformation and has the potential to enhance value across every aspect of a communications service provider (CSP)’s business. AI can take network optimization to new levels and make customer care more efficient and effective. It can enable personalized marketing at scale and drive innovation in both enterprise and consumer services.
Many CSPs are already infusing AI across their operations, while others are at an earlier stage in their AI journey. But whatever their position, CSPs need to leverage AI in a way that produces optimum results and competitive advantage, particularly in the consumer domain where they face increasing pressure from consumer-tech and commerce players with deep AI smarts. There are several key lessons and best practices that CSPs must bear in mind when it comes to implementing AI within their network operations such as building a strong big data infrastructure and practice to support the infrastructure, collaborating with industry bodies and working with vendors with combined network and AI expertise.
This Ovum white paper offers insights and actionable advice on how to maximize the AI opportunity. The research investigates AI in the consumer service and network and operations domains and leverages data gleaned from Ovum’s ICT Enterprise and Digital Consumer Insights Surveys.
Key Questions Addressed:
- How is AI being applied in the consumer service domain within CSPs?
- How is AI being applied in the network and operations domain within CSPs?
- What approach should CSPs take in applying AI within their organizations?
- What are some of the key priorities for AI and telecom vendors targeting this market?
Who Needs This Report?
- Communications service providers
- AI solution vendors
- Telecom equipment manufacturers
- AI assistant vendors
- Chatbot vendors
- Independent Software Vendors
- System integrators
Table of Contents
- In brief
- Ovum view
- AI in the CSP consumer service domain
- Customer care and marketing are seen as low-hanging AI fruit
- The rise of telco AI voice assistants
- AI will drive even more consumer use cases across multiple domains
- AI in CSP networks and operations domain
- AI is critical to addressing the complexity in CSP networks and operations
- Multiple AI use cases for CSP networks exist; however, network planning and optimization tops the list
- Network monitoring and management will yield largest market opportunity for AI for CSPs
- CSPs must look before they leap into applying AI to their networks
List of Charts and Figures
- AI can touch all parts of the CSP business
- Low utility of AI assistants and their inability to understand users are top pain points
- Telecoms AI software revenue share by use case, world markets
List of Tables
- A rich interplay of AI technologies across a growing number of scenarios
- A snapshot of CSPs using AI to improve network operations