White Paper Details
|Tables, Charts, Figures:||9|
|Release Date:||1Q 2016|
Digital health technologies are beginning to change the way healthcare is delivered. Advances in technology, such as wireless connectivity, sensors, and the growth of mobile devices, are allowing organizations to move to more of a virtual care model, and more regularly monitor patients on a remote basis. In addition, the growth in patient data is supporting certain types of digital health activities, including healthcare analytics and population health management.
Three main factors are driving the increased interest in digital health: a clear requirement to curtail increasing healthcare costs, the need to find new ways to handle the growing number of individuals with chronic diseases, and the desire to provide better and safer medical care. In addition, key players in the healthcare ecosystem are also searching for ways to better support aging populations and improve patient satisfaction. While digital health is by no means a silver bullet, if properly implemented and managed, it can provide a way for organizations to make progress on their goals.
This white paper identifies and analyzes 10 key trends that are key factors in the ongoing evolution of the digital health sector, including the following:
- Return on investment is a top priority
- The market is moving to a virtual care model
- Digital health use cases are expanding
- Telehealth video consultations are beginning to see strong traction
- Remote patient monitoring is gaining momentum
- Eldercare is a key application for digital and mobile health
- Wearable biosensors, patches, and clothing are key emerging sectors
- Biometrics will be widely used in healthcare
- Data analytics are a key pillar of digital health
- Artificial intelligence will be a key enabler of digital health capabilities
This Tractica white paper highlights 10 key market trends for digital health technologies, services and applications that are worth watching as the market moves from an early adopter stage to becoming a mass-market proposition. Among the categories covered are population health management, home health and remote monitoring technologies, eldercare, connected wearable patches and biosensors, and telehealth video consultations. The white paper provides a comprehensive view of the digital health market with its diversified set of products and services that are seeing varying levels of traction in different regions of the world. These trends are based on the ongoing research and analysis that is part of Tractica’s Digital Health Advisory Service.
Key Questions Addressed:
- What are some of the key technology trends that will shape the evolution of the digital health market?
- How will advancements in digital health impact the larger healthcare landscape?
- What are the established market segments, and which areas remain emerging spaces to watch, with regard to digital health?
- What types of new revenue streams will be created as the market for digital health expands?
- How can vendors best position their products, services, and applications in order to gain market share?
- What challenges will organizations face as they work to deploy new digital health solutions?
Who Needs This Report?
- Healthcare payers and providers
- Remote patient monitoring companies
- Telehealth companies
- Companies developing connected medical wearable patches
- Population health management and healthcare analytics firms
- Semiconductor and component companies
- Telecommunications network operators
- Government agencies
- Investor community
Table of Contents
- 10 Digital Health Trends to Watch
- Return on Investment is a Top Priority
- The Market is Moving to a Virtual Care Model
- Digital Health Use Cases are Expanding
- Telehealth Video Consultations are Beginning to See Strong Traction
- Remote Patient Monitoring is Gaining Momentum
- Eldercare is a Key Application for Digital and Mobile Health
- Wearable Biosensors, Patches, and Clothing are Key Emerging Sectors
- Biometrics will be Widely Used in Healthcare
- Data Analytics are a Key Pillar of Digital Health
- Artificial Intelligence will be a Key Enabler of Digital Health Capabilities
- Company Directory
- Acronym and Abbreviation List
- Table of Contents
- Table of Charts and Figures
- Additional Reading
- Scope of Study, Sources and Methodology, Notes
List of Charts and Figures
- Total Telehealth Video Consultation Sessions, Clinical and Non-Clinical, World Markets: 2014-2020
- Telepresence Robot Revenue in the Healthcare Market, World Markets: 2015-2020
- Medical Monitoring, Management, Diagnosis, and Treatment Revenue by Region, World Markets: 2014-2020
- Eldercare Device and Service Revenue by Region, World Markets: 2014-2020
- Connected Wearable Patches by Region, World Markets: 2014-2020
- Healthcare Biometrics Revenue by Region, World Markets: 2015-2024
- Population Health Management Revenue by Region, World Markets: 2014-2020
- Artificial Intelligence Revenue in the Healthcare Industry by Region, World Markets: 2015-2024